Universal Studios Singapore
Universal Studios Singapore is marketed as the first and only “one of its kind Hollywood movies themed park in Asia”. It is also marketed as the only Universal Studios in South East Asia for next 30 years. The park has 7 themed zone featuring 24 fantastic rides, alluring shows and attractions for families and thrill seekers. Interestingly 18 out of 24 rides are specially designed by Universal Studios for the Singapore Park.
The construction of Park started in 2008 and after 2 years the park was opened for public in March 2010. It was a soft opening and a grand opening ceremony was held in May 2011 in the presence of Asian Hollywood movie stars.
Planning a Visit to Universal Studios Singapore
If you are planning your visit to the Universal Studios Singapore. You might need to learn a few tricks to enjoy it better.
- The one-day ticket costs around 80 SGD for adult and 60 for child above 4 years. The Singapore Residents can get one-day ticket at around 70 SGD and 55 SGD for child.
- Express pass is dated and can only be used on a selected date. It starts from 70 SGD and you can get unlimited rides of the rides that participate in the pass selection.
- It gets very hot in the mid-day, so it is always recommended to get their as early as possible.
- Reaching Early also allows to you get more rides, the park gets crowdy by evening and long ques will not let you have the privilege of taking rides twice.
- Express Pass is very helpful if it gets crowdy. You will find long ques even for the mediocre rides.
- Express pass does not work on some of the big rides, so it is better to reach early and try to go for the big rides as quickly as possible. The park is small, you will get plenty of time later to explore the rest of the park.
- Stay hydrated and covered from sunlight. Sometimes It gets very hot in the open in Singapore.
- On Friday, Saturday and selected public holidays, the park offers an after dark with Universal experience. This includes a lineup of thrilling activities that last until 10 pm.
Rides at Universal Studios Singapore
Here is a list of some very interesting rides that you will love at the park.
- Battlestar Galactica: Human vs Cylon. (World’s tallest dueling roller coasters)
- Transformers the Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle
- Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase.
- Revenge of the Mummy
- Treasure Hunters
- Amber Rock Climbing
- Canopy Flyer
- Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure
- Puss in Boots’ Giant Journey
- Magic Potion Spin
- Enchanted Airways
- King Julien’s Beach Party Go Around
- Madagascar: A Crate Adventure
Besides amazing rides there are lot of other fun activities at the Universal Studios Singapore. The place is a fun place for family and equally attractive for thrill-seekers. You can meet some very famous characters from the movies such as Marilyn Monroe, Minions from Despicable Me, Characters from Sesame Street, Autobots from Transformers, Egyptian Royalty, Shrek, Princess Fiona and Velociraptors from Jurassic Park.
You can enjoy splendid shows like Fireworks at Lake Hollywood Spectacular and lights, Camera, Action hosted by Stephen Spielberg. There are other great shows like WaterWorld, Elmo’s TV Time, Shrek 4D Adventure and Donkey Live.
For Shopping lovers there are some amazing themes stores to shop and collect memories. Some amazing shops are Hello Kitty Studio, Minion Mart, Universal Studio Store, The Dark Room, The Brown Derby, Transformers Supply Vault, Jurassic Outfitters, The Dino Store, Penguins Mercantile and Fairy Godmother’s Potion Shop.
There are numerous amazing and Hollywood themed dining restaurants and cafés at the universal studios Singapore.